Pages


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Moving Forward


Are the words "I will forgive you but not forget" sound familiar to you? What is the meaning of forgiveness- the attitude of someone who is willing to forgive other people. What is the meaning of forget- to be unable to think of or remember or to stop thinking or caring about. If that is the case, then why does this statement always be said? Something really to think about. Can you forgive without forgetting? Are you honestly forgiving if you don't forget about it?

I think this is a very interesting topic. We all go through trials and tribulations in life and us as society come across people and certain situations where we face these same questions. What should I do? This person hurt me and I can't forget it. I won't forget it. I want to make sure this never happens again. All things that are relevant when you come to a situation where decisions have to be made. Really, what do you do?

The past will continue to haunt your future by things that we will not let go of. How can you move forward without letting go of what happen in the past? Too many past situations hinder our progression in life because we allow it to. Moving forward means just that. The past is the past and you can no longer control that, your future, you can somewhat control with the decisions you make. Being hurt and disappointed is no walk in the park and somethings are very hard to get over. There is no time limit to how and when you can get over things but you are doing yourself an injustice by holding on to things that you can no longer control.

New Beginners try and look at moving forward as progress. I guess what I am trying to say is forgiving really letting go of the situation that hurt you or letting go of the emotions associated with what hurt you. If you still carry all those emotions that you felt when you were first hurt then have you honestly forgiven that person? Let me know your thoughts people.


3 comments:

  1. So true, Keazy! As they say, holding a grudge (which is what's going on wherever there's unforgivness) is like taking poison and expecting the other person to be affected by it. The sooner we let go of it, the quicker we can move on with the business of living life to the fullest and ... new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote on this same topic today, just within the last half hour. I love how #commenthour brings people together...

    This line rings so true! >> There is no time limit to how and when you can get over things but you are doing yourself an injustice by holding on to things that you can no longer control.<<

    THANK YOU!
    (I hope you will read my forgiveness post, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think to forgive but not forget means that while I may have experienced something so painful that I will always remeber what happened and how I felt, I have made a decision to not allow the memory of that situation and associated pain to dictate my future actions or how I will treat the person responsible for the past injustice.

    #commenthour

    ReplyDelete